Donate Money or Goods
Of every dollar donated, 99¢ directly benefits the troops; the other 1¢ is used for secure technology to protect soldier/donor/Board information. Donations to W.H.E.A.T. are tax-deductible as allowed by law. To request a receipt for donations under $250.00, please email email@example.com, call 509-980-1015 or send a written request to P.O. Box 304, Colfax, WA 99111.
Most Requested Items
- Socks (white, black) for men and women
- T-shirts (black, brown, olive green, white) for men and women
- Beef jerky
- Canned fruit w/pull-top lids only
- Corn nuts
- Dried fruit
- Granola bars
- Hard candies
- Peanut butter
- Protein bars
- Slim Jims (pepperoni sticks, etc.)
- Trail mix
- Tuna (pull-top cans or pouches only)
- Vegan-friendly foods/snacks
For Our Female Troops:
- Sanitary pads
- Body wash
- Deodorant (men and women)
- Foot powder
- Hand/foot/toe warmers
- Razors/razor blades (men and women)
- Wet wipes (fragrance-free only)
For Our K-9 Soldiers:
- Heavy duty dog chew toys
- Flea and tick treatments
- For national chain stores, such as Albertson’s, Grocery Outlet, Rosauers, Safeway, Walmart, etc. that we can use to purchase requested items.
- 55¢ Forever stamps
- Blank cards/envelopes (so troops can send birthday, anniversary, etc. to loved ones back home)
- Card games
- Handwritten notes/cards for us to include in our care packages
- Hotwheel cars/trucks
- Paper/pens/pre-stamped envelopes
- Sketch pads/pencils/pens
- Sporting equipment (football, frisbee, Nerf-type items)
More on Donating Goods
Please provide a monetary value of your donation so that we can send a tax receipt after December 31st. There are several ways to deliver donated items to us:
- Call us at 509-980-1015
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Items/Checks to P.O. Box 304, Colfax, WA 99111
- We will pick-up your items (if you’re within the Whitman County, WA, or Lewiston, ID areas) or drop off at our office at 3202 LaCrosse-Airport Rd., LaCrosse, WA 99143. Please contact us before dropping-off any
donations at this address to ensure that a volunteer is present to greet you.
Artwork/Letters: Anyone can express gratitude by taking a blank piece of paper and drawing a picture or writing “Thank you for your service.” (This act of gratitude takes less than 1 minute and involves anyone from 1 years old to 100+ years old.)
Donated Goods: The units that W.H.E.A.T. serve range in size from 2 to 500+ soldiers, including K-9s. We request non-generic items for two reasons: First, service members ask repeatedly for name-brand products. Second, we provide the best available for the men, women and K-9s who put their lives on the line for us 24/7.
Postage: W.H.E.A.T. prepares all USPS Customs forms in-house. It costs $20.00 to for postage/materials to mail one care package overseas. If you would like to help us with shipping costs, please make checks or money orders payable to W.H.E.A.T. and mail to PO Box 304, Colfax, WA 99111. To ensure that we use your donation for postage (versus purchasing items requested specifically by the troops that we serve), write “postage” on your check, money order, or enclose a note to let us know. As always, we will honor your request.
Pre-Stamped Envelopes: Another item that soldiers request frequently are pre-stamped, blank envelopes stuffed with a couple pieces of blank paper. This is an extremely popular care package item that allows the men and women to write home to their loved ones. If you want us to use your donation to secure postage for the troops, please enclose a note that states “postage” and we will honor your request.